Almond Butter Seed Fruit and Nut Granola
By Meeta K. Wolff
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 235g coconut flakes
- 250g almonds, coarsely chopped
- 125g pecan nuts, coarsely chopped
- 125g cashew nuts
- 125g sunflower seed
- 125g pumpkin seed
- 100g sesame seeds
- 75g goji berries
- 100g dried cranberries
- 100g dried apricots, coarsely chopped
- 55g coconut oil, melted
- 60 ml maple syrup
- 60g almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of fleur de sel
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Place all the nuts and seeds, cinnamon and fleur de sell in a large mixing bowl and mix together well, put aside.
- Melt the coconut oil for about 30 seconds in the microwave, or alternative in a pan over low-heat. Pour this into a small ball, followed by the maple syrup and the almond butter. With a spatula mix well.
- Slowly pour wet mixture over dry ingredients, stirring to combine and coat all the nuts and seeds with the wet mixture.
- Spread granola out onto a greased baking tray and bake in oven for a total of 20 minutes stopping to after 10 minutes. After 15 minutes take out of the oven for one last time and add the dried fruit and coconut flakes, stir and put back in the oven.
- Allow granola to cool completely before transferring it into an airtight container. It can be stored in a cool dry place for up to 2 weeks.
Nutty Granola Notes:
- You can use a variety of nuts and seeds for this granola. Use walnuts or pistachios. In terms of seeds I often add flax seeds or chia seeds.
- Of course the same applies to the fruit - dried cherries, mulberries or blueberries are great as are dates and figs.
- Try raw dark chocolate coarsely chopped or cocoa nibs. Add this only after the granola has cooled down completely.
All photographs and written content on What's For Lunch, Honey? © 2006-2017 Meeta K. Wolff unless otherwise indicated. | All rights reserved | If you are interested in using my texts or photographs please contact me | You may not use my work for commercial purposes without my permission | You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work in any form | Please Ask First