Recipe From What's For Lunch, Honey?
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- For fruit
- 5 ripe peaches, cut into wedges
- 350g mixed berries of choice
- 65g muscovado sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- For topping
- 50g all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 115g butter
- Pinch of fleur de sel
- 95g muscovado sugar (reserve about 1 teaspoon)
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 vanilla bean, inside scraped out
- For fruit
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C. Lightly butter a 20x20 cm baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl mix fruit, berries, sugar and cornstarch together and
allow the sugar to dissolve. Let sit for approx. 5 minutes. Transfer to the
- In a small bowl mix together flour, baking powder, fleur de sel. Set aside.
In a large bowl beat butter and sugar with and electric whisk, until cream,
smooth and fluffy. Add the egg, lemon zest, and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture and mix quickly until just moist and the dough begins
to come together.
- Spoon dough on top of the fruit, spacing evenly. Sprinkle with remaining 1
teaspoon of sugar.
- Bake until topping is golden and juices are bubbling, about 45-50 minutes.
Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Serve with creamy vanilla ice cream.