Shrimp Salmon and Saffron Fregola
By Meeta K. Wolff
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 teaspoon saffron threads
- 60 ml dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 300g shrimps
- 300g salmon, cut into chunks
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500ml vegetable or chicken broth
- 185g fregola / Israeli couscous / Pearl couscous
- flat-leaf parsley
- Crush the saffron in a small bowl or cup, pour the wine and leave to infuse for a few minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large heavy pot. When the pan is very hot, add the shrimp and seat for 1 minute on each side. Make sure not to cook all the way through as it will cook further in the stew. Transfer to a plate. Add the salmon and also sear for about a minute until all sides are golden. Transfer to the plate with the shrimps.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and sauté onion and garlic until translucent, soft and fragrant - about 5 minutes. Add the saffron mixture, cooking for a further 2 minutes. Pour in the broth, bringing it to a rolling boil, then add the fregola. Reduce heat and cook for approx. 12-15 minutes (check packet instructions). Season to taste.
- Add the shrimp and salmon cover and allow fish to heat through. Serve sprinkled with parsely.
All photographs and written content on What's For Lunch, Honey? © 2006-2016 Meeta K. Wolff unless otherwise indicated. | All rights reserved | If you are interested in using my texts or photographs please contact me | You may not use my work for commercial purposes without my permission | You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work in any form | Please Ask First