140g all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
85g ground almonds
175g butter, softened
175g Muscovado sugar
140g Amaretti biscuits, coarsely crushed
zest of 2 lemons
250g fresh raspberries
Icing sugar to dust
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C. Butter a 20cm spring form and line with
- Place softened butter, Muscovado sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder, lemon
zest and ground almonds into a large bowl. With an electric hand whisk beat
until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Divide the cake batter into two and spread one half in the lined form.
Scatter half of the amaretti biscuits over the batter then arrange about a third
of the raspberries, gently pressing into the batter.
- Pour the remaining cake batter over the amaretti biscuits and raspberries
and gently spread to even. Scatter the rest of the amaretti biscuits and
raspberries over the top of the cake.
- Bake for about 55 to 60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre
comes out clean. Allow to cool for 15 minutes in the form then run a knife round
the edge and turn out. Dust lightly with icing sugar before serving.
- This tastes simply great with more fresh strawberries and a lightly whipped cream infused with some lemon zest.
Storing tip: The cake will keep in a covered container in the fridge for up to 2 days.