Raspberry Lemon Amaretti Cake
Recipe From What's For Lunch, Honey?
140g all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
85g ground almonds
175g butter, softened
175g Muscovado sugar
140g Amaretti biscuits, coarsely crushed
zest of 2 lemons
250g fresh raspberries
Icing sugar to dust
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C. Butter a 20cm spring form and line with baking paper.
- Place softened butter, Muscovado sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder, lemon zest and ground almonds into a large bowl. With an electric hand whisk beat until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Divide the cake batter into two and spread one half in the lined form. Scatter half of the amaretti biscuits over the batter then arrange about a third of the raspberries, gently pressing into the batter.
- Pour the remaining cake batter over the amaretti biscuits and raspberries and gently spread to even. Scatter the rest of the amaretti biscuits and raspberries over the top of the cake.
- Bake for about 55 to 60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool for 15 minutes in the form then run a knife round the edge and turn out. Dust lightly with icing sugar before serving.
- This tastes simply great with more fresh strawberries and a lightly whipped cream infused with some lemon zest.
Storing tip: The cake will keep in a covered container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
All photographs and written content on What's For Lunch, Honey? © 2006-2010 Meeta Khurana unless otherwise indicated. | All rights reserved | If you are interested in using my texts or photographs please contact me | You may not use my work for commercial purposes without my permission | You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work in any form | Please Ask First