Genoese Farinata - by Katja Schilling for Köstlich Vegetarisch
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 70 minutes
- 250 g chickpea flour
- 6 stems rosemary, leaves striped and coarsely chopped
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- In a clean mixing bowl slowly whisk together the chickpea flour with 700 ml cold water until you have a lump-free, thin batter. Allow to stand for 1 hour.
- Pre-heat the oven to 220° C. Add the rosemary, a good pinch of sea salt and the olive to the chickpea batter and give it a good stir.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and pour the batter into the tray. Bake in the hot oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until the farinata is golden, crisp around the edges and baked through.
- Slide the farinata onto a board; cut into wedges. Sprinkle with pepper and serve with a mixed salad.
All photographs and written content on What's For Lunch, Honey? © 2006-2013 Meeta K. Wolff unless otherwise indicated. | All rights reserved | If you are interested in using my texts or photographs please contact me | You may not use my work for commercial purposes without my permission | You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work in any form | Please Ask First