Recipe From What's For Lunch, Honey?
375g all purpose flour
1 level teaspoon baking powder
20g vanilla sugar
Pinch of salt
125g hazelnuts, ground
250g butter, very cold and diced
1 egg yolk
250g jam or preserve of choice
Icing sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C. Line baking trays with baking paper.
- Knead (I do this with my hands, but you can use the kneading hooks of your electric whisk or stand mixer) all the ingredients except for the jam and the icing sugar to a dough ball. The dough should be smooth. Place the dough between two sheets of baking paper and roll out to approx. 2mm thickness.
- Transfer the rolled out dough on a baking tray and place in refrigerator for approx. 1 hour.
- Remove from refrigerator and using a round cookie cutter, cut out your cookies. Leave half of them as is. these are the cookie bases, and cut out decorative holes in the other half (you can cut one big hole or like I have done cut our 3 smaller holes), which are the cookie tops.
- Place on baking trays lined with baking paper and bake for 10-12 minutes until they are lightly colored.
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- With a teaspoon, place small dollops of jam/reserve onto the cookie bases and gently spread with the back of the spoon. Place the cookie tops to sandwich the jam filling. Dust with icing sugar.
- Store in airtight containers lined with baking paper.
Yields 90 cookies
All photographs and written content on What's For Lunch, Honey? © 2006-2010 Meeta Khurana unless otherwise indicated. | All rights reserved | If you are interested in using my texts or photographs please contact me | You may not use my work for commercial purposes without my permission | You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work in any form | Please Ask First