Recipe From What's For Lunch, Honey?
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 300g parsnips, cut into large cubes
- 500g beetroot, cut into large cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4-5 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 Bramley apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- Knob of unsalted butter
- 1.5 liters vegetable stock
- Handful of sage leaves
- 50g hazelnuts, slivered and toasted
- Crème fraîche to serve
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C degrees. Toss the beetroot and parsnip with the olive oil, add fresh thyme sprigs and spread on a roasting tray. Season with salt and black pepper, then roast for 20-25 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a pan. Fry the apples for 5 minutes until golden. Add the roasted beetroot, parsnip and stock, then cook for 10 minutes. Whizz the soup in a blender until smooth. Check the seasoning. Serve in bowls with crème fraîche swirled through, sage leaves and toasted hazelnuts scattered over the top.