8-10 ripe plums, halved and stone removed
4 tablespoons honey, I uses a floral scented honey
30g crystallized ginger, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, very finely chopped
100g spelt flour
75g Muscavado Sugar
50g Pecans, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees C. Using just a smidgen, lightly butter a
- Place the plum halves in a saucepan, drizzle with honey and add the finely
chopped ginger. Allow to simmer for just about 5-8 minutes so that the fruit is
slightly soft but still hold their shape.
- Stir in the crystallized ginger and transfer mixture to the heatproof form.
- In a large bowl, rub together the butter into the spelt flour until the
mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar until evenly distributed.
Finally toss in the chopped pecans.
- Evenly spread the crumble mixture over the fruit and bake in the oven for
approx. 15 minutes until the top is a lovely golden color.
- Remove from oven, allow to sit for a few minutes, then serve with either a vanilla custard, vanilla sauce, or ice cream