Elderflower Cordial & Prosecco Spritz
What's For Lunch Honey? | Experience Your Senses
By Meeta K. Wolff
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Makes about: 2 liters
- 1kg fine granulated sugar
- 3 unwaxed lemons
- 4 unwaxed limes
- 50 to 60 large elderflower heads
- Put the sugar in a bowl with approx 1.75 litres boiling water. Stir to dissolve the sugar. Shake the Elderflowers to get rid of any hidden insects, and remove the stalks. Add to the sugary liquid then cover with a clean tea towel and leave to cool completely.
- Zest and slice the lemons and thinly slice the limes. Add the zest and fruit slices to the cold sugar solution. Cover with plastic wrap and place for 36 hours in the fridge.
- Strain the syrup through a fine sieve, then strain again, this time through a sieve lined with a fine muslin cloth. Pour into sterilised glass bottles and keep in a cool dark place for up to 2 months. Once you open one of the bottles make sure to refrigerate and use within a month.