Saffron Mango Pistachio Kulfi Popsicles
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 450 ml almond milk
- 115 ml evaporated milk
- 500g mango cubes, frozen
- 50g brown sugar
- 4 cardamom pods, crushed
- Pinch saffron
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 100g pistachios, coarsely chopped
- Dissolve the cornflour in about 1 tablespoon of almond milk to make a thick paste. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat the remaining almond milk, evaporated milk, cardamom pods and the saffron making sure not to boil. Add the sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Add the cornflour paste to the milk and spice mixture and stir until the paste has dissolved. Cook on a low flame until the mixture has thickened. Set aside to cool.
- Put the frozen mango cubes in a blender and puree finely. Add the puree and the pistachio nuts to the milk and spice mixture and mix well.
- Pour the kulfi mixture in popsicle moulds, place the lids on the moulds and add sticks through the holes. Optionally, you can wait until semi frozen before you put sticks in.
- Freeze kulfi popsicles for 8 to 10 hours, preferably overnight.
- Serve cold as is or sprinkled with more chopped pistachios.
All photographs and written content on What's For Lunch, Honey? © 2006-2013 Meeta K. Wolff unless otherwise indicated. | All rights reserved | If you are interested in using my texts or photographs please contact me | You may not use my work for commercial purposes without my permission | You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work in any form | Please Ask First