Whole-Wheat Raw Orange Blossom Honey and Ricotta Pancakes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 150g whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 90g raw orange blossom honey
- 160ml milk
- 150g + 50g ricotta, hung overnight
- 3 egg whites
- a few tablespoons of sunflower oil
- In a clean mixing bowl mix together the flour and baking powder. Make a well in the middle, then add the honey and milk. Mix together until the batter is smooth.
- Gently fold in the ricotta with a spatula, leaving some cheese lumps in the batter.
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form, then fold in through the pancake batter.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over low heat. Brush the pan with some sunflower oil and add about 2 tablespoons of the pancake batter to the pan. Swirl gently and cook in batches for 3 to 4 minutes on each side - until they are golden and puffed.
- Serve with extra dollops of ricotta and drizzles of honey.
You can use any kind of honey flavored or neutral for the pancakes.
Add some lemon or orange zest to the batter for an tangy citrus taste.
All photographs and written content on What's For Lunch, Honey? © 2006-2014 Meeta K. Wolff unless otherwise indicated. | All rights reserved | If you are interested in using my texts or photographs please contact me | You may not use my work for commercial purposes without my permission | You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work in any form | Please Ask First