Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45
- 3 bunches of flat leaf parsley, stems discarded and leaves finely chopped
- 4 small spring onions, finely sliced
- 4 plum tomatoes, deseeded and finely chopped
- large handful of mint leaves, finely chopped
- 60-80g burghul wheat, cooked
- Juice of 1 ½ lemons
- 60 ml extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Place parsley, tomatoes, spring onions, mint and burghul in a large bowl. Salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl stir lemon juice, olive oil together and pour over the tabouleh. Toss well and season if required.
Notes: The burghul wheat is usually added sparsely at a traditional Arabic mezzeh. I add a bit more in this recipe to give the salad a bit more substance and as an alternative to potatoes. Reduce the burghul to a small handful or even omit it completely if you would like to serve this a a salad or as part of a mezzeh.