Flourless Carrot Multi-Seed and Nut Bread
By Meeta K. Wolff
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 1 hour
- 150g carrots, grated
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 packet (about 5g) dried yeast
- Pinch of salt
- 50g almonds, finely ground
- 50g hazelnuts, finely ground
- 50g sesame seeds
- 50g flaxseeds
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 1-2 teaspoons za'atar
- A few pinches of sumac
- 100ml warm water
- Place the grated carrots in a large bowl, add the dried yeast, ground hazelnuts and almonds, the olive oil, salt and aromatics - here the sumac and za'atar.
- Toast the sesame, flax, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, then grind them finely and add them to the bowl with the other ingredients. Pour the water and using your hands quickly bring the mixture together. It will not be like a smooth sticky bread dough but rather slightly crumbly but it should come together easily.
- Line a small baking tray with some baking paper and with your fingers spread the mixture into the pan. Smoothen the top, then cover with a cloth and allow to rest for about 15 minutes. Pre-heat the oven to 170 degrees C.
- After the resting time bake the bread in the oven for 25-30 minutes keeping an eye on it so that it does not brown too much. Nice crispy edges are good though! Take out of the oven and allow to cool
Notes: Use any other aromatics that suit your fancy. I have used garam masala and cumin seeds, which is also one of my favorites. But dried herb mix like herbs de Provence are great to.
All photographs and written content on What's For Lunch, Honey? © 2006-2014 Meeta K. Wolff unless otherwise indicated. | All rights reserved | If you are interested in using my texts or photographs please contact me | You may not use my work for commercial purposes without my permission | You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work in any form | Please Ask First