Almond Vanilla Pancakes with Cinnamon Bananas
By Meeta K. Wolff
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 30 minutes + resting time
Makes: 9 pancakes
- 200g ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 vanilla pod, seeds scraped
- 180 ml almond milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 bananas
- 60g walnuts, chopped
- 1-2 teaspoons cinnamon
- handful blueberries
- a few tablespoons honey
- Place ground amonds, baking powder, vanilla and mix in a clean bowl. In another bowl whisk eggs with the milk, then add the dry almond mixture to the egg-milk mixture. Gently whisk together and allow to rest in the firdge for at least 20 minutes or up to 12 hours.
- Heat a skillet and melt some of the coconut oil over medium heat. Pour 2 to three tablespoons of the batter into the pan and cook until golden, about 3 minutes, then flip and cook on the other side and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Repeat with the rest of the batter, stacking the pancakes and keeping them warm.
- Slice the bananas lenghtways. In a separate pan heat about 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil, sprinkle the cinnamon and heat for one minute. Place the banana halves, cut side on the bottom and allow to cook on each side for about 2 minutes, until golden. With a tablespoon keep drizzling the cinnamon-coconut mixture over the bananas. Remove the bananas from the pan and then replace over the heat. Add the walnuts and toast for a few minutes.
- Serve the pancakes with the cinnamon bananas, blueberries, walnuts and a drizzle of honey over the top.
All photographs and written content on What's For Lunch, Honey? © 2006-2016 Meeta K. Wolff unless otherwise indicated. | All rights reserved | If you are interested in using my texts or photographs please contact me | You may not use my work for commercial purposes without my permission | You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work in any form | Please Ask First