Kohlrabi Celeriac and Parsnip Soup with Chilli Chia Seed Tempering
By Meeta K. Wolff
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 3 parsnips, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 celeriac, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 medium sized kohlrabi, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon ghee or coconut oil
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 400ml coconut milk, unsweetened
- 7 to 8 tablespoons mixed seeds, pumpkin, sunflower, pine nuts, sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoon ghee or coconut oil
- Heat 1 tablespoon ghee or coconut oil in a large saucepan over a low heat. Add the onion and a pinch of salt. Sauté for about 5 minutes until soft and fragrant.
- Add the vegetables to the onions and continue to sauté for another 3 to 4 minutes. Pour in the stock, coconut milk and add another pinch of salt. Bring everything to a simmer, then cover and cook for about 30 minutes. Using a hand blender, puree the vegetable until thick and creamy.
- Melt the 2 tablespoons of ghee or coconut oil in a skillet. Add the seeds, chia seeds and chilli flakes. Gently sauté for a minute or two until slightly browned then add the thyme.
- Pour the creamy soup in a large soup bowl then pout the hot tempering over the top. Serve hot.
All photographs and written content on What's For Lunch, Honey? © 2006-2016 Meeta K. Wolff unless otherwise indicated. | All rights reserved | If you are interested in using my texts or photographs please contact me | You may not use my work for commercial purposes without my permission | You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work in any form | Please Ask First