Apricot and Pistachio Frangipane Tart
Prep Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hours 30 minutes
For the crust
- 190g all-purpose flour
- 70g butter, at room temperature
- 3 egg yolks
- pinch of salt
- 2-4 tablespoons cold water (depending on how dry the dough is)
For the pistachio frangipane
- 115g butter, at room temperature
- 95g muscovado sugar
- 100g pistachios, ground
- 2 eggs
- 60 ml heavy cream
- 6-8 apricots, sliced
- a few mint leaves
- Prepare the crust: Using an electric mixer, whip the butter on medium speed until it is light and fluffy. Add the egg yolk, one at a time and making sure to incorporate each one well before adding the next one.
- Add the salt and the flour and mix quickly. If the dough feels dry then add the water, a tablespoon at a time until it comes together.
- Transfer the dough to a floured work surface and bring it together into a smooth ball. Flatten the ball into a disk, wrap in some plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and roll out on a lightly floured surface to fit your preferred tart form. Lightly butter the tart form and transfer the dough into the form, patching up any tears in the dough with your fingertips. Line the dough with some baking paper, fill with dry beans or pie weights and bake for approx. 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven, leaving the oven at 180 degrees C.
- To make the pistachio frangipane Whisk eggs, butter, sugar and ground pistachios in a large bowl until smooth.
- Pour in the cream and with a silicon or rubber spatula gently stir it into the mixture without emulsifying the liquid. Refrigerate the frangipane mixture for 30 minutes.
- Neatly arrange the apricot slices on the tart crust and pour the frangipane mixture over them. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Scatter a few mint leaves on the top and serve with Chantilly cream.
All photographs and written content on What's For Lunch, Honey? © 2006-2010 Meeta Khurana unless otherwise indicated. | All rights reserved | If you are interested in using my texts or photographs please contact me | You may not use my work for commercial purposes without my permission | You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work in any form | Please Ask First