Pollo Alla Cacciatore
Prep Time: 30 minutes plus overnight marination
Total Time: 2 hours
- 2 kg chicken thighs and drumsticks, skin left on
- 6 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 4 cloves garlic, 2 crushed and 2 slices
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 parsnips, chopped
- ½ bottle of chianti
- flour for dusting
- fleur de sel and freshly cracked pepper
- 200g small button mushrooms
- handful green olives
- 800g canned tomatoes
- Pat chicken pieces dry and season with fleur de sel and cracked pepper. Place the chicken pieces in a bowl, add the bay leaves, rosemary and crushed garlic and cover with wine. Leave to marinate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C. Drain chicken, reserving the marinade and pat dry with kitchen paper. Dust the chicken lightly with flour, shaking off any excess.
- Heat an ovenproof pan, add a glug of olive oil, fry the chicken pieces until browned lightly all over. Add carrots, parsnips and sliced garlic and continue to fry for a few minutes then add the tomatoes and the wine marinade. Bring to a boil then cover with a lid or a double thickness layer of aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 1.5 hours.
- Add in the mushrooms and olives 15 minute before dish is finished, stir to combine
- Adjust the seasoning and serve with polenta or as I love with rosemary roasted potatoes and cannellini beans
All photographs and written content on What's For Lunch, Honey? © 2006-2012 Meeta K. Wolff unless otherwise indicated. | All rights reserved | If you are interested in using my texts or photographs please contact me | You may not use my work for commercial purposes without my permission | You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work in any form | Please Ask First