Dandelion Avocado Gazpacho with Deep-water Prawns
By Meeta K. Wolff
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 30 minutes + refrigeration
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 cucumber (450g), peeled and seeds removed
- 1 bunch dandelion leaves (150g), coarsely chopped
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and coarsely sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoons sweet mustard
- 200g natural yoghurt
- 1/2 teaspoon Piment d’Espelette
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 100g deep-water prawns
- 2-3 tablespoons Creme Fraiche
- 1 bunch radish sprouts
- Place the garlic, cucumber, dandelion leaves, avocado, olive oil, vinegar, mustard and yogurt in a food processor and blitz everything until puréed and smooth.
- Season with salt with salt, pepper, Piment d’Espelette and lemon juice and mix well. Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Fill the chilled gazpacho in glasses, place a dollop of of creme fraiche in each glass, top off with a few deep-water prawns and radish sprouts. Sprinkle with some Piment d’Espelette. Decorate with some dandelion flowers and serve.
All photographs and written content on What's For Lunch, Honey? © 2006-2014 Meeta K. Wolff unless otherwise indicated. | All rights reserved | If you are interested in using my texts or photographs please contact me | You may not use my work for commercial purposes without my permission | You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work in any form | Please Ask First