2-3 medium sized potatoes, medium size cubes
250g asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces
1 fennel bulb, finely sliced
1 garlic clove, unpeeled
Glug of extra virgin olive oil
Pinch fleur de sel
Handful of garden cress
- Heat a small drizzle of olive oil in a medium sized non-stick pan. Add the
potatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes then reduce heat and continue cooking for
about 10-15 minutes, turning frequently and making sure the potatoes do not
brown. The potatoes should be soft and tender without taking on any color.
Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add another drizzle of oil in the pan and heat to medium again. Add the
unpeeled garlic, then the asparagus, toss to coat in the oil. After about 3-4
minutes add the sliced fennel and continue to sauté for a further few minutes.
The vegetables should be slightly crunchy and not cooked through. Sprinkle with
some fleur de sel and toss well. Remove from heat and set aside. Remember to
take out the garlic clove and discard.
- In a large bowl lightly beat the eggs with a pinch of fleur de sel. Add the
potatoes, cress and vegetables to the egg mixture and stir to coat.
- Turn the heat to medium and add the egg mixture in the pan. With a wooden spoon give
the mixture in the pan a good stir. Once the eggs start to cook leave the
mixture to set, simply evening the top. Cook for 2-4 minutes on this side.
- With a help of a plate flip the tortilla and cook for another 2-4 minutes on
this side. Depending on how you like your eggs cook it for more or less.
- Sprinkle with some cress, cut into wedges and serve warm.
The Food Guide Tips: