Almond Butter Blueberry Popsicles Dipped in Chocolate, Sesame Seeds and Almonds
By Meeta K. Wolff
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 4 hours 10 minutes Makes: 8 popsicles
For the popsicles
- 355 ml almond milk
- 245 g thick Greek yogurt
- 90 g creamy almond butter
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped put
- 100g fresh blueberries
For the chocolate dipping sauce
- 150 g dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 150 g coarsely chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoons sesame seeds
- To make the popsicles mix all ingredients (for the popsicles, except the blueberries, in a food processor and process until smooth and creamy. Drop a few blueberries in popsicle molds then carefully pour the milk mixture into the popsicle molds.
- Place the molds in the freezer for about an hour then remove. Jiggle the wooden popsicles sticks into the molds. Then place back into the freezer and freeze for at least 4 to 6 hours.
- To remove the popsicles from the molds, run the plastic part of the mold under hot water for a few seconds.
- Roast the sesame seeds and almonds until golden. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Combine the chocolate and coconut oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir frequently to keep from burning. When the chocolate has completely melted, remove from heat and set aside. Cool the chocolate completely before using.
- Dip each popsicle in the melted chocolate then dip in the nuts sesame. Place on a tray lined with parchment paper and return to the freezer for a few minutes until chocolate has set.
All photographs and written content on What's For Lunch, Honey? © 2006-2016 Meeta K. Wolff unless otherwise indicated. | All rights reserved | If you are interested in using my texts or photographs please contact me | You may not use my work for commercial purposes without my permission | You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work in any form | Please Ask First