Muscovado Sugar Pumpkin and Apple Pecan Crumble
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
For the fruit
- 500g butternut squash and apples, cut into 2-3 cm chunks
- 100g muscovado Sugar
- ½ teaspoon cardamom, ground
- ½ teaspoon cinammon, ground
- 1 tablespoon butter
For the crumble
- 100g flour
- 75g butter
- 75g muscovado sugar
- 50g pecan, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Place the pumpkin and apple chunks in an ovenproof form. Sprinkle with sugar and spices and toss well to coat. Dot with butter and place in the oven to roast for about 10-15 minutes. The pumpkin and apple chunks need to just gently caramelize in the sugar but not become tender.
- In the meantime, make the crumble topping by placing the flour in a large mixing bowl. Add the butter and rub it into the flour with your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sugar and pecans and mix well until evenly distributed.
- Transfer the pumpkin and apple with their juices into 4 small ramekin forms or in one ovenproof dish. Sprinkle the crumble mixture evenly over the top. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Serve hot with ice cream, custard or some whipped cream.
All photographs and written content on What's For Lunch, Honey? © 2006-2010 Meeta Khurana unless otherwise indicated. | All rights reserved | If you are interested in using my texts or photographs please contact me | You may not use my work for commercial purposes without my permission | You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work in any form | Please Ask First