Roasted Chicken with Jasmine Petal Garam Masala, Saffron, Hazelnuts and Honey
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
- 1 large organic chicken
- 2 onions, cut into quarters
- 2 carrots cut in large pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Masala Monsoon Jasmine Petal Garam Masala
- Generous pinch of saffron strands
- 2 lemons - 1 juiced 1 cut in slices
- 2 teaspoons course sea salt
- 100 g unskinned hazelnuts, sliced and toasted until brown
- 70g raw honey
- 12 tablespoons rosewater
- In a small bowl mix together the garam masala, saffron, lemon juice, water, olive oil and garlic.
- Place the chicken on a roasting tray and arrange the onions and carrots around it.
- Rub the chicken with the spice marinade and leave to marinate in fridge for 4-8 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C. Place the roasting tray with the chicken in the oven and roast gently for 35-40 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix together the hazelnuts with the honey and rosewater into a paste-like mixture.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and spread the paste generously over the chicken and continue to roast for another 8-10 minutes until the nuts are gorgeously brown.
- Transfer the chicken to a serving platter arranging the vegetables around it and serve with a quinoa tabouleh (recipe below)
Also arrange mixed olives, hummus and toasted pita breads on the table and a large pitchers of chilled infused water with mint, strawberries and blueberries.
All photographs and written content on What's For Lunch, Honey? © 2006-2014 Meeta K. Wolff unless otherwise indicated. | All rights reserved | If you are interested in using my texts or photographs please contact me | You may not use my work for commercial purposes without my permission | You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work in any form | Please Ask First