Chocolate Ginger Almond Cookies
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Yields: 30-40 cookies
- 100g candied ginger, chopped
- 300g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 500g ground almonds
- 100g icing sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 350g fine sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 egg whites
- Handful flour
- 100g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Place 150g dark chocolate in a double boiler and melt until smooth. Allow to cool.Pre-heat oven to 220 degrees C.
- In a clean bowl add the ground almonds, icing sugar, cardamom, sugar, salt, chopped candied ginger and the remaining chocolate in a bowl. Pour the melted chocolate and the egg whites and mix together until it comes together into smooth. homogeneous dough.
- Scatter some flour on the countertop and quickly roll out the dough into a 25 x 25 cm square, about 2 cm thick. Cut into smaller squares then each square diagonally to give you triangles.
- Place the triangles on a baking tray, 2cm apart, then back for about 4-5 minutes. Take out of oven and allow to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, melt the 100g dark chocolate in a double boiler. Once melted, dip one side of the triangles into the chocolate and allow to dry on some baking paper.
- To store. place the cooled and dried cookies in cookie boxes layered in between baking paper. Stored this way the should keep for 2 weeks (if you can resist not eating them in one sitting).
All photographs and written content on What's For Lunch, Honey? © 2006-2013 Meeta K. Wolff unless otherwise indicated. | All rights reserved | If you are interested in using my texts or photographs please contact me | You may not use my work for commercial purposes without my permission | You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work in any form | Please Ask First