posted Feb 26, 2017, 12:52 PM by GCHS Band
- Mr. Congiardo will continue his lessons on the new lesson schedule (sent out last week) TOMORROW!
- Jazz Band will rehearse TOMORROW in the theatre from 3:15-4:30!
- All Concert Band members have a MANDATORY after school rehearsal THIS TUESDAY from 3:15-5:00 in the theatre! This rehearsal is part of the student's grade and all are EXPECTED to be there. If they are not they take the risk of not being allowed to perform at the concert or concert festival later in the month!
- We welcome Mr. Keith Cottrill, Director of Bands at Bethel University, this Tuesday for both class time and our after school rehearsal. Students will have an opportunity to meet with him, ask questions, and even audition for him for lettering credit (juniors or seniors) and/or scholarship $$$ (seniors only)!
- Percussion Ensemble will have their dress rehearsal on Tuesday from 5-7 in the theatre.
- We will run the full concert both Wednesday and Thursday this week during class time so students will need all equipment for all ensembles both of these days.
- THIS THURSDAY is our Classical Concert for ALL members of the concert band, jazz band, percussion ensemble, and brass ensemble! The concert will begin at 6:30 in the theatre! The concert is FREE and open to the public. Students will be required to be on stage dressed in concert attire (NO jeans, tshirts, tennis shoes, or shorts ALLOWED!) at 5:45. This is a performance grade for all concert band members! Invite your friends and family out for a great night of great music by great students! The percussion section will be hosting a silent auction in the lobby of the theatre before the concert begins so arrive early to get your bids in!
- Solo/Ensemble is THIS SATURDAY @ North Side HS in Jackson! Our performance block time is 9:20 am. All students need to be at North Side NO LATER THAN 8:50 to warm-up. Students can provide his/her own transportation or ride the bus that will be at the high school at 8:00 for immediate departure and will return after everyone is finished performing. Remember students MUST have his/her solo PERFORMANCE READY(I or a II rating) when Mr. Brockman/Mr. Agee/Myself hears your student this week or they will NOT be allowed to attend the event! Attire for the event is concert attire! Students must have a judge's copy of their music with measures numbered along with a judge's form (provided this week by me).
- We will begin our Pepsi Fundraiser for the St. Louis Trip NEXT MONDAY! We need all hands on deck for this fundraiser so we can raise enough money so students and chaperones will only have to pay a minimal amount for the trip! Be sure you are asking around to see who would be interested in purchasing some Pepsi products (includes Dr. Pepper).
- Monday - March 6th - Fall 2017 Color Guard Clinics BEGIN - Information forms are located in the band room/main office at the high school and all middle schools! Any student interested can see myself, Mr. Agee, or Mr. Brockman for additional questions/details.
- Tuesday, March 7th - Middle School Concert @6:30! Let's come out and support the future of this band program! This concert is also worth concert lettering credit if attended.
- Thursday, March 9th - Fall 2017 Battery Auditions BEGIN! Audition clinics will be held in the band room from 5-7 pm. Any 8-11th grader interested in the drumline for the next year MUST attend the audition clinics for consideration for the line for the fall!