posted Apr 1, 2017, 12:44 PM by GCHS Band
- Hopefully everyone has a had a restful spring break! Monday we begin the last 1/3 of the spring semester!
- The Jazz Band will rehearse on Monday from 3:15-4:30 in the band room!
- Color Guard Audition Clinic #4 will be held THIS MONDAY from 3:30-5:00 in the main gym! Audition fees were due at the last clinic in the amount of $40. If you did not make this payment then make sure that you do so this Monday! Remember this is a CASH ONLY payment!
- Front Ensemble Audition Clinics #3 and #4 will be held this Tuesday and Thursday in the band room from 5-7 pm. These clinics are MANDATORY for students wishing to participate in the Fall 2017 Front Ensemble! Remember if your student has a conflict due to a school activity that these conflicts CAN be worked out IF we know about them. Make sure myself or Tico know about any conflicts.
- Brass Ensemble will have their dress rehearsal THIS THURSDAY from 3:15-4:30 in the band room.
- Drink orders for the St. Louis Trip will be in THIS THURSDAY! Times and details with come later this week but be prepared to pick-up your drink orders on Thursday afternoon!
- All students who still owe a debt from this past fall will be issued a letter from me stating the amount of the debt and what the debt is for. If you receive one of these please sign and return those as soon as possible acknowledging that you are aware of the debt. Remember students who owe a debt will not be allowed to graduate if they are a senior or attend the first June rehearsal for anyone not graduating and planning to be a part of the fall marching band!
- As we begin parade band season we will start going outside during class. Please be sure your student has proper clothing and shoes to march in each day. This will be a part of their rehearsal grade so make sure they are prepared!
- ATTENTION SENIOR PARENTS: Get your pictures of your child to Mrs. Kim Todd asap if you want your child included in the band banquet DVD!
- The Fall 2017 calendar has been updated to include football games and contests (all are filled in except one on October 28th) for the fall! Check out the website to see the latest additions!
- As we begin seriously recruiting the 8th graders for next year's band, please encourage any 8th grader that you know who is currently involved in their middle school bands to give high school band a try for their first semester in high school! For most students, it's a decision that they won't regret! Also if you know any high school student who wants to join/rejoin band, have them see me to make this happen!
- Monday, April 10th - Jazz Band (3:15-4:30); Color Guard Audition Clinic #5 (3:30-5:00); BAND PARENTS MEETING (7:00 pm - Band Room)
- Thursday, April 13th - Pops Concert - 6:30 - Theater - Come out for a FREE night of great pop music presented by the jazz band, concert band, and brass ensemble! Students will need to be dressed and in their seats at 5:45. The attire for that night is concert attire!
- Friday, April 14th - NO SCHOOL! GOOD FRIDAY!
- Monday, April 17th - ALL LETTERING CREDIT IS DUE! If your child plans to letter in band this year they must have EVERYTHING turned in to me in order to letter which is recognized at the banquet in May!
- Monday, April 24th - Memorization Test over parade band tune (worth 33% of your student's grade for this nine weeks)!
- Tuesday, April 25th - After school parade band rehearsal (3:15-5:00) for all NON CONCERT BAND MEMBERS and ALL COLOR GUARD MEMBERS! Remember if your student is NOT in concert band and is NOT involved in a major sport then they MUST come back for ALL PARADE BAND REHEARSALS/PARADES in order to attend the band banquet!
- Thursday, April 27th - Full Band Parade Band Rehearsal - 3:15-5:00 - This rehearsal includes BOTH concert and non concert band members! Attendance at after school rehearsals is worth 33% of your student's grade for the nine weeks!
- Monday, May 1st - Fall 2017 Guard Auditions - 3:30 until we are finished - Main Gym
- May 2nd & 4th - Parade Band Rehearsals - 3:15-5:00
- Friday, May 5th - Band Banquet - 6:30 pm - First Baptist Church, Dyer - More information coming soon!
- Saturday, May 6th - Teapot Parade - 9:15 - Trenton - Attendance is MANDATORY for all concert and non concert band members!