posted Feb 20, 2017, 7:34 AM by GCHS Band
- Happy President's Day! I hope everyone is enjoying their day off!
- Mr. Congiardo's lessons will take place TOMORROW due to the holiday this week. Mr. Congiardo also has a new schedule starting this week. Check the attachment for the new/revised lesson times.
- Jazz Band will NOT meet this week due to the holiday.
- Percussion Ensemble will meet on Tuesday and Thursday of this week from 5-7 in the band room!
- Brass Ensemble will have its last rehearsal before the concert THIS THURSDAY from 3:15-4:30 in the band room!
- We have an after school rehearsal scheduled for NEXT TUESDAY (28th) from 3-5:00 in the theatre. This rehearsal is MANDATORY for all concert band members!
- Our Classical Concert along with the Percussion Section's Silent Auction will be NEXT THURSDAY (2nd) @ 6:30 in theatre! The concert is free and open to the public. You will hear performances from the jazz band, concert band, percussion ensemble, brass ensemble, and the GC Glee Club with accompany the concert band on a tune! It will be a great night of music so invite your family friends out to the concert! Students will have to be dressed and on stage at 5:45 in concert attire (NO JEANS, TSHIRTS, SHORTS, TENNIS SHOES, ETC.).
- NEXT SATURDAY (4th) is Solo/Ensemble Festival @ North Side in Jackson! Our performance time is 9:20 am! Students will need to be at North Side no later than 8:50 to warm-up. Students can ride a bus from GC or provide his/her own transportation to Jackson. Those riding the bus, the bus will leave GC at 8:00. We will begin listening to students NEXT WEEK and if we don't think they are prepared then we will NOT allow them to attend the festival so make sure your student is practicing his/her music!
- We will begin selling Pepsi Products to help offset the cost of our St. Louis Trip on March 6th! Start asking everyone you know who may be interested in ordering. All profits made off this fundraiser will go towards the St. Louis Trip so we need EVERYONE to sell as many as possible!
The POSSIBLE contest DATES (NOT ALL OF THE CONTESTS) have been listed on the calendar on the band's website (http://gchsmarchingpioneers.org) so you can start planning your schedules accordingly for the fall! The school calendar for the 17-18 school year have also been added.
- Monday, February 27th - Jazz Band Dress Rehearsal (last rehearsal before the concert) - 3:15-4:30 - Theatre
- Tuesday, February 28th - Concert Band After School Rehearsal - 3:15-5:00 - Theatre
- Thursday, March 2nd - Classical Concert - 6:30 - Theatre - FREE! Students will have to be there at 5:45 dressed in concert attire!
- Saturday, March 4th - Solo/Ensemble - Jackson North Side - Time: 9:20. Students need to be there no later than 8:50. The bus leaves GC @ 8:00.
- Monday, March 6th - Fall 2017 Color Guard Audition Clinics BEGIN - 3:30-5:00 - Main Gym - Information regarding the auditions will be available soon! Mr. Brockman/Mr. Agee will have information at the middle schools for the middle schoolers who are interested. Be sure if you know of anyone in grades 8-11 in our side of the district who is interested in getting involved that you share this information with them!