1. Before sunrise view of Khumbu Glacier flowing out between Everest & Nuptse .... view from Kalapathar.
2. Again before sunrise view of Mt. Everest 8850M (center) and Nuptse 7879M (right) from Kalapathar
3. Trekkers climbing Kalapathar ridge, before sunrise. Pumori peak (7145M) looms large beyond the ridge.
4. The flagpole and prayer flags on top of Kalapathar (5545M); with Pumori (7145M) looming large beyond.
5. Closeup of Mt. Everest 8850M (a.k.a. Sagarmatha & Chomolungma) in center of picture, in bright sunshine.
6. View of the Himalayan range, south of Everest & Nuptse, as seen from Kalapathar, after sunrise
7. Looking south towards Temaserku & Kantega peaks ..... a river of cloud rises ... giving a surreal mosaic of glacier, rocky-terrain, clouds and snow-peaked montains!
8. The Nuptse peak (7879M) and the snowy glacier flowing out from below it towards the Khumbu moraine
9. On way to Everest Base Camp (EBC) the long Khumbu Glacier presents an amazing rubble & ice ridden terrain
10. A closer zoomed look into the Khumbu Glacier...... a mix of ice, mud, gravel, rubble and pools of water!