Carry out an investigation to study the pH changes that take place when neutralisation reactions occur between two named acids and bases
The Topic is Acids and Bases !
What do you remember about them ?
revise over the neutralization experiment !
We need 2 acids and 2 bases ..... So we could choose a strong acid (A) and a weak acid (a) titrate it against a strong base (B) and a weak base (b) ... How do we measure a Strong or Weak Acid or Base ???
measure the pH of a solution with changing volumes of acid and base
how can we measure the pH ?
- gather substances that you think are acidic or basic. You could ask your teacher for some stronger ones.
- measure pH of acids and bases, decide the strong and weak ones
- measure the volume of a select acid/base that you put in the flask
- put a known amount of one of the reactants in the small beaker
- slowly drop by drop add the other reactant,
- every couple of ml stop, note down the volume
- swirl the beaker
- measure the pH, and note this beside the volume added