OC52 To determine the reactivities of various metals by their reaction with an acid
Apparatus & Diagram & Method
- Around 5 test tubes wrap a bit of sellotape at the same height for all testubes
- Up to the lower mark of the sellotape fill the tubes with an acid and washing up liquid mix
- Get an equal amount of the 5 metals, slowly and waiting in between each metal, add a sample of metal to each test tube.
- Observe the metals reaction to the acid (and washing up liquid)
- Write down your observations
Results / Observations
what did you see
which would you say is the most reactive
how can you back up this opinion ?
Cats Make Zebras Cry
the most reactive elements
Calcium Magnesium Zinc Copper
Cheetahs Make Zebras Cry,