To Investigate the factors that Influence the strength of an electromagnet
Teams of 2 ....
Must be safe !
Factors that we can change
- Thickness / Size of Iron piece / rod!
- Length of the wire
- Thickness of the wire
- Change the Voltage
- The number of time the wire is wrapped about the iron.
How do I measure the strength of the Electromagnet
- The distance that the E/M has influence over
- how many thumbtacks / nails / clips / paper the E/M can hold
- The speed with which a compass moves
So how can we determine which factors count
.... make a table (or 2)
In each case describe the electromagnet that you used,
Take the number it lifted at
2V & divide by the number it lifted at 1V =
# @ 2V ÷ # @ 1V
Only change one variable per time,
this means to keep all other factors constant
Apparatus (10) 1 per item
Method (30) 2 per item + 1 per Item drawn & labelled !!!!
results(40) 10 per table 10 per graph
Conclusions(15) 1st conclusion = 10 marks
2nd conclusion = 5marks,
comments (5) .... 3+2