Volume is the amount of space taken up by a substance.
It is measured in cm3 or m3 usually.
1cm3 = 1 ml millilitre
how many millimeters are in a metre ?
so how many ml in a litre ???
12. Calculate, in terms of pie, the volume of a sphere with radius of length 3cm.
A cylinder of height 9cm has a volume equal to four times the volume of the sphere. Calculate the length of the radius of the cylinder.
The cylinder is partly filled with water. Nine identical solid cubes with side length of 2cm are then submerged in the water. The water rises in the cylinder but does not overflow. How far does the water rise?
Give your answer correct to one decimal place.
13. The height of a cylinder is three times the radius of the base.
If the volume of the cylinder is 648[pie]cm3, calculate the radius.
14. A sphere with radius of length 3cm has a volume equal to eight times the volume of a sphere with radius r. Find r.
15. A sphere of radius 7cm fits exactly into a cylinder.
(i) Find the volume of the cylinder in cm3.
(ii) Show that the surface area of the sphere is equal to the curved surface area of the cylinder.
(iii) Find the ratio - Volume of sphere : Volume of cylinder.
16. A cylindrical metal pipe is 3m long. It has external radius of 11cm and internal radius of 10cm.
(i) Find, in cm3, the volume of metal in the pipe in terms of pie.
(ii) A solid cylinder has height 7cm. Its volume is equal to the volume of metal in the pipe. Calculate the radius.
Standard area and volume of 3d objects