original blog post: http://greedygirlcooks.blogspot.com/2017/02/stew-pork-hock.html
1 tablespoon Onion powder
3 to 4 lb Pork hock slices
- In blender combine, ginger, onion, garlic, scallion, salt black pepper, thyme, allspice scotch bonnet pepper, oil
- Add the blended mixture to the pork hock along with onion powder, and paprika, let this marinate on the meat for at least 20 minutes.
- Add some oil to a pan and heat it. Lightly brown the pork hocks in the oil until both sides are browned.
- Add about 3 cups of water to the browned stew and allow this to cook until fork tender. The skin and the meat should be tender enough for a fork to slide right through very easily.
- They liquid will evaporate and begin to thicken before the meat is tender, if that’s the case continue to cook by adding another 2 cups of water to the meat. I only had to add liquid once to my meat, it cooked quickly.
- Allow the last liquid to reduce by half then add the carrots and sweet peppers, taste the gravy to see if its needs any salt. If so season to taste
- Once the gravy has thickened and the meat tender dinner is served.