"Before Mrs. Margaret E. Henderson opened the
Crown Point Chalet, she hosted at the Falls Chalet, which formerly graced the hillside above this point on the eastern slope of Falls (Latourell) Creek. The establishment, owned by the Maffet family, burned in January, 1915, after being open less than eight months. The owner, Harold Maffet, grew up in
Brower, where his father owned a sawmill."