The tune is Tater Patch. Repeated AABB (after a while).
Key of A. Two parts. The longer high part is played twice. The shorter low part can be played twice or thrice. So, the song structure is AABB or AABBB.
- Tommy Jarrell in Wayne Erbson's field recording [DLA] (AABB).
- Hear this on the Highwoods String Band's best album [clip at Amazon] (AABBB).
- Della Mae live bluegrass [tube] (three second parts AND jump the last beat!)
- Vi Wickam tune a day [tube] (AABBB). Skip to 0:35 for music.
- Fiddle instruction [tube], one of several slow-downs by the same instructor (AABBB).