Two and a half parts in A modal.
- Unknown contestants [utoob]. Fiddle, bass, and microphone stands. Video at right.
- In Denmark [utoob and at right], Olle Rossel ( fiddle), Peter Lorichs (banjo) and Axel Kanne(guitar).
- Paul and Betty [utoob] with big banjo.
- Old record of Luther Strong [utoob non-video, player at DLA].
- Record of Art Stamper [utoob non-video].
No one can follow this tune! Check out all these crooked features.
- The structure is AABBC. You repeat the first two parts but not the third.
- The A is 4 measures. Play it twice.
- The B part is 4+1/2 measures because it has a 2-beat lead-in. Play it twice.
- The C part is a 3 measure tag similar to the A part. Play it once.
- The key is A Modal. Each part as A major and G major chords.
- Fiddle in standard tuning can drone the top two strings during A chords and drone the bottom two strings during G chords. This will give audio tips to the guitar player.
- I don't usually recommend sheet music but I needed it for this tune. Try Luther Strong [pdf at fiddledo] or Art Stamper [pdf at Tater Joe's] but those two differ in melody and structure.
Not to be confused with...
Hickory, the crooked old time fiddle tune in G.