Keep my Skillet good and Greasy
Leroy Troy, banjo juggler
We play it in A or G with lyrics. Some recordings use C.
- Uncle Dave Macon [Utoob took it down]
- Sheesham and Lotus, those two crazy Canadians [Utoob]
- Instructional page [Toneway] source of those lyrics
- Instructional resource [Banjer]
- The TV version [Utoob]
- Family with dancing 2-year-old [JWalk] played in A.
- Whitetop Mountaineers [utoob] and Whitetop Moutain band [utoob]. We saw them play this at the Weinberg.
- Two guitars and two dancers on the portch [utoob], they need a banjo.
- Hobos on the freight train? It is the Side Street Steppers [utoob].
- Slow with drums by Spirit Family Reunion [live, studio].
- Great band sound from Root Diggers [reverbnation].
- Three part harmony and flat picking by Lulu's Fate [utoob].
LyricsGonna buy me sack of flour Bake a hoecake ev'ry hour Keep my skillet good and greasy all the time, time, time Keep my skillet good and greasy all the timeHoney if you say so I'll never work no more I'll lay around your shanty all the time, time, time Lay around your shanty all the timeGot some chickens in my sack Got the bloodhounds on my track Keep my skillet good and greasy all the time, time, time Keep my skillet good and greasy all the timeIf they beat me to the door I'll sic 'em on the floor Keep my skillet good and greasy all the time, time, time,...Gonna buy me a jug of brandy Gonna give it all to Nancy Keep her good and drunk and goosey all the time, time, time,...