Joe Thrift of Dobson, Surry County, NC. He wrote the song about a cow.
This tune was written by Joe Thrift about his cow named Whiteface. Key of G. Play 2 A parts (Em, Am), 2 B parts (G, Em), and 3 C parts (C, Em). Fiddle plays in standard tuning. Banjo can play in C tuning to get that low C note.
- The tune was written by Joe Thrift of Dobson, Surry County, NC. At right is a non-video of his solo fiddle and an mp3 of his full band. He plays solo fiddle in the video above. Lamancusa has an mp3 of Joe Thrift with a band.
- Clifftop 2010 jam [utoob]
- Centralia Pickers Parlor [mp3]
- Attached: my banjo demo, tuned gCGBD.
- Gravy Soppers at the Milkhouse Brewery, Stillpoint Farm [utoob].
- Rachel Eddy solo fiddle house concert [utoob].
- Almost rock video with harmonica and lyrics by Turf Rollers [utoob]
There was a GREAT video of Jason Sypher playing it solo on bass with bow. YouTube took it down. Someone posted a request for the sheet music. He responded 'can't help you' because he learned it by ear. Yahoo!