Jake Leg Rag
- Narmour & Smith wrote the tune.
R. Crumb's drawing based on the black & white album cover.
Key of D. Two parts.
Jake Leg was a form of paralysis that appeared when USA lived under the prohibition-of-alcohol amendment to the constitution. Jake Leg was brought on by drinking Jake, a liquor substitute.
Not to be confused with...
- The East River String Band performed Jake Leg Blues [utoob].
- The Ray Brothers recorded Jake Leg Wobble [utoob] and I Got the Jake Leg Too [utoob] on 78.
- The Allen Brothers recorded Jake Leg Blues [utoob non-video] on 78.
- Asa Martin recorded Jake Leg Blues [utoob non-video] on 78.