Sail Away Ladies
Key of G. Two parts. Similar to Great Big Taters in Sandy Land and Sally Anne.
- Vince Farsetta [mp3, other stuff]
- Fiddle, banjo, and singing by Last Chance String Band [UToob]
- Played by the Dusty Buskers duet [UToob]
- Two Stefanini fiddlers at home. [UToob]
- Instructional clawhammer video [Utoob]
- Idiosyncratic clawhammer [Utoob]
- Uncle Dave Macon, old record [Utoob]
- Uncle Bunt Stephans, old record [box] [toob]
- New Lost City Ramblers [myspace].
- Joan Baez didn't play the banjo [back on utoob]
- A shaking dock could be the worst place to shot a video [Utoob]
- The blog, Joop's Musical Flowers, collected versions from folk, rock, and old time.
If ever I get my new house done, Sail away, ladies, sail away,
I'll give my old one to my son, Sail away, ladies, sail away.
Chorus [usually omit the one in brackets]
[Don't you rock 'em, da-dee-o,] Don't you rock 'em, da-dee-o
Don't you rock 'em, da-dee-o, Sail away ladies, sail away
Children, don't you weep and cry,...
You're gonna be angels by and by,...
Come along, girls, and go with me,...
We'll go back to Tennessee,...
I got a letter from Shiloh town,...
Ol' Saint Louie is a-burning down,...
I chew my tobacco and I spit my juice,...
I love my daughter but it ain't no use,...
Last Chance String Band