Paul David Smith (facing you), Dave Bing (back to you), Anna Roberts-Gevalt (banjo).
Lots of notes and funny emphasis. This is a Kentucky tune of African origin. Two parts. Key of D. Thanks Paul for bringing this one to the Beans Jam.
- Digital Library of Appalachia (DLA) has a dozen recordings including old 78s by Doc Roberts & John Salyer, a clean & slow take by Jake Krack plus jaw harp, a tricky one by Bill Hatton, a beauty by Walter McNew, and a solo by Robin Warren.
- Fiddling Doc Roberts recording plus analysis and transcription [Dr. Fiddle].
- Fiddling Doc Roberts [mp3] at Slippery Hill, a collection of recordings featured in the Milliner-Koken book [mudthumper].
- Played slow on banjo in C [tube].
- Fiddle & guitars at a Texas jam [tube].
- Solo fiddle, Vi Wickam's tune a day [tube].
- History and discussion of the tune [BanjoHangout].
- On the Art Stamper channel [tube].
- Buddy Thomas [tube non-video] from the Kitty Puss album.