Wild Horse Stony Point
The Saddle Horn Stringband: Chance McCoy (fiddle), Ben Townsend (banjo) and Matt Metz (guitar).
Key of G.
- Saddle Horn String Band (utoob, also at right). 3 parts.
- Solo banjo (studio). 4 parts. Music starts at 0:45.
- Solo banjo (porch). 4 parts.
- Black Twig Pickers [vimeo]. 4 parts.
- The Martin Family kids [amazon clip]
- Tony Trishka & David Grisman [artistworks]
- Ernie Carpenter [DLA] fiddle.
- Emma Lee Dickerson [DLA] fiddle.
The many names for this tune
- Stone Point or Stony Point or Stoney Point
- Wild Horse or Wild Horses
- Wild Horse (Stony Point) or Stony Point (Wild Horse)
- Wild Horses at Stoney Point or Wild Horse at Stony Point
- Old Dad
- Pigtown Fling
- Buck Creek Girls
- Hop Skip Squirrel
- Off with Your Jacket
- Warm Stuff
- Here are more with recording artist names attached.
Not to be confused with...
This tune has 3 or 4 parts and 5 or 6 names.
Practically the only name this tune doesn't have is "Wild Geese Flying North" but that is a great tune (Virgil Anderson [DLA] plays the banjo soft & low).