Brittany Haas on 5-string fiddle with Darol Anger Republic of Strings. Medley Warning! Dry & Dusty (slow) then Duck River (fast) at 2:27.
Duck River. Key of D. Two parts.
- Written out in tab on Old-time Fiddle with two sample tracks.
- Old recording of John Morgan Salyer [DLA] and [PSU]. Jump to the mp3 here.
- A good old time jam with annoying overhead fan [utoob].
- A great bluegrass video shot in the shed [utoob]. The band is Chester River Runoff.
- This fiddler plays some interesting ideas [utoob].
- Matt Brown's instructional CD [clip on cdbaby]
- Sugar Pie [utoob] on the porch.
- Mary Jane and Michelle twin fiddles [utoob].
Not to be confused with...
- Dubuque (similar tune)
- Muddy Road to Kansas (similar tune)
- Nancy Dawson (similar tune) in the Kentucky fiddlers book [google books].
- Muddy Road to Ducktown [DLA]
- Twenty Three Miles to Ducktown [DLA]
- Farewell Ducktown [utoob]
- The Big Mule is a crooked version of Duck River, says J dot Brady.