Clawhammer banjo: Roscoe
Key of G. Two parts. Probably named for Roscoe Holcomb.
- Violin and Viola on [utoob]
- Instructional video by Ken Kolodner [utoob]
- Twin fiddling workshop [utoob]
- Group of five at Clifftop 2014 [utoob]
- Young William and his mom [utoob]
- Empty Bottle Stringband [utoob] on stage.
- Old recording of Kyle Creed fiddling [Slippery Hill]
Tater Joe transcribed Eddie Bond [pdf]. This is worth studying after you can play the tune. Two-measure phrases are written up to four different ways; mortals might repeat just one of those variations at a time. Variations in the first part include skips a melody note and hanging on to a note longer than expected. The second part adds bow rocking by alternating D and A strings after sliding into a B note, and it has some nicely inverted melody notes, where the fiddles goes down a step when the melody goes up a step. Here is a video about Eddie Bond.