Cathy Fink & Marcy Marxer of DC play Buffalo Gals (with bits of a different song) on two banjos in G.
Two parts. Can be sung in any key but it is usually fiddled in G or A. It is also called Round Town Gals (or Girls). There is an old time version that is a little different.
- The Hillbillies, 1926 [utoob] in G.
- Peet Seeger [utoob] solo banjo in C.
- Slow solo banjo [utoob] in G.
- Solo recordings for fiddle lessons at Fiddle Tune Archive. The standard version played slow in key of D (recordings one and two) or faster in key of G (mp3).
- Lots of lyrics with autoharp in G [utoob] plus lecture.
- Lots of lyrics with guitar in (sorta) D [toneway].
- Flatt & Scruggs bluegrass in G [not video].
- Cowgirl Wanda Neal on guitar in G [not video].
Old Time Buffalo Gals, slightly different tune in key of A.