Photo from Nobuyuki's official site, from Nobu's April 2011 concert in Edmonton, Canada
After the announcement of the winners at the Cliburn Competition, some
skeptics openly questioned the feasibility of Nobu -- with his handicap
-- to meet the grueling demands of international concert tours. I
think by now Nobu has effectively silenced these critics. Since 2009, Nobu has traveled to North America, Europe and Russia to perform, wowing audiences everywhere with his music and inspiration.
Nobu's concert performances are magical and even more enchanting than on video and CDs. I have been to many and will attend many more, whenever and wherever possible.
Here are the tours and concerts for which I have collected information as they took place -
I only started following Nobu's career in fall 2010. For write-ups on his earlier concerts, try this:
2009 news 2010 news
- 2016 All-Chopin Recital JapanTour Jan 6 - Jan 26 (to resume Mar 17- Mar 30).
- Nobuyuki Tsujii x Valery Gergeiv x Munich Phil 2015 Japan Tour (November 25 - December 1)
- Nobuyuki Tsujii in Stuttgart/Munich/Basel, Fall 2015
- Nobuyuki Tsujii in Boston October 23-25, 2015 Nobu played Beethoven's "Emperor" concerto in New England Conservatory's Jordan Hal at the season-opening concert of the Longwood Symphony Orchestra
- Nobuyuki Tsujii in Los Angeles Oct 20 2015 recital at the Aratani Theatre (880 seats) in Little Tokyo
- Nobuyuki Tsujii recital at the Hearst Theater, San Francisco, October 17 2015
- Nobuyuki Tsujii September 2015 Japan Tour: "Mozart of Sorrow"
- (Own Compositions with Orchestra -- performing his own compositions and "Rhapsody in Blue" with the Orchestra Ensemble Kanazawa) August 23-31, 2015
- "Nobuyuki Tsujii & Friends" commemorative concert Nagasaki 2015 August 7, at the Urakami Cathedral in Nagasaki, to commemorate the 70th anniversary of the end of the second World War.
- 2015 Chopin/Liszt Premium Recital Tour July 1 - 26, 2015. Ibaraki, Osaka, Fukushima, Aichi, Nagano, Kyushu (11 performances)
- Nobuyuki Tsujii in Austria, May 2015
- 2015 North America Tour -- Sonoma, California (April 28 - May 2); Edmonton & Winnipeg, Canada (May 5 through May 10)
- Chopin/Liszt/Beethoven "Appassionata" Japan recital tour February 17 - April 14, 2015; 23 sold out stops
- Nobuyuki Tsujii -Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra Japan Tour 2015 a roaring success - 8 stops in 7 cities, January 2015
- Fall 2014 Europe Tour: Manchester & Liverpool, U.K.; Berlin & Munich, Germany; October 31 - November 23, 2014
- Nobuyuki Tsujii plays Ravel with the OEK, September 10, 11, 12 2014
- The 2014 PIANIST Festival, August 2014
- Nobuyuki Tsujii in Taipei, July 26, 2014.
- Ravel/Chopin "Premier Recitals" Japan Tour, June/July 2014
- Olympic concert 2014" in Tokyo on June 6, 2014
- Tokyo National Stadium closing ceremony May 31, 2014
- Concerts in Switzerland (Baden, Basel) and Germany (Stuttgart, Dusseldorf), May 2014
- France debut, recital at the Louvre, April 17, 2014
Tsujii plays Prokofiev Piano Concerto # 3 with Valery Gergiev at Teatro la
Scala, Italy, on March 10. See here.
- Nobuyuki Tsujii in U.S.A., April 2014 (Clearwater, Florida; Mobile, Alabama)
- 2013/14 Japan Tour (Chopin & Liszt) 19 stops
- Nobuyuki Tsujii & the Orpheus in U.S., 2014 - news, photos, comments
Nobu returns to Carnegie Hall, Jan 25, 2014 - news, photos, comments
- I was there!
- Nobuyuki Tsujii & the Orpheus in Japan, 2014 - news, photos, comments
- Nobuyuki Tsujii wowed them in Udine, Italy with the Munich Symphony Orchestra and conductor Andriy Yurkevych Nov. 9, 2013
- Nobuyuki Tsujii at the Berlin Philharmonic Chamber Hall Nov 6, 2013
- Nobuyuki Tsujii played "Grieg" with the BBC Philharmonic, Nov 1 2013
- Nobuyuki Tsujii's Impressive Baltimore Debut - October 18-20, 2013
- Nobuyuki & Ashkenazy 2013 Japan Tour (September, 2013 - I was there!)
- 2013 BBC Proms Debut (July 16, 2013) in Royal Albert Hall, London, United Kingdom.
- 2013 South-East Asia Tour Vietnam (June 19), Singapore (June 25) Tailwan (June 26-28)
- 2013 Nobuyuki Tsujii - Yutaka Sado - BBC Phil tour (12 sold-out stops)
- Nobuyuki Tsujii 2012-13 Japan Tour (Debussy/Chopin recital - Oct 10, 2012 through June 14, 2013, 36 sold-out stops)
- Turin, Italy 2013 - April 8
- Early 2013 North America Tour (Jan 18 - March 23, 2013)
- Nobuyuki Tsujii (Нобуюки Цудзи) in St. Petersburg, July 2012
- Nobuyuki Tsujii in Europe, May 2012 - in May 2012, Nobu returned to Europe, performing concerti in Switzerland, Poland and England, to great acclaims.
- Nobuyuki Tsujii in Europe, Spring 2012 -- in March 2012, Nobu performed in England, France, Germany and Austria
- Turkey, December 2011
- Fall 2011 America tour
- Carnegie Hall Nov. 10 2011 カーネギーホールでのリサイタルが
- Mozart-OEK Tour -Sept 2011, Japan
- N-Hope Concert, Sept 4 2011 Nobu performed Tchaikovsky's concerto No. 1 with the NHK symphony orchestra
- Beethoven's "Emperor" Concerto (Tokyo) - June 2011
- 2011 Spring North America Tour
- Nobu - 2011 March Japan Tour
- Manchester, England -- February 2011
- December 2010 Europe Tour
- October 2010 US Tour