Shrimp Boil Dinner in Foil Packets
One foil packet serves two adults
- 12-18 shrimp (16-21/pound), shells removed and deveined
- 1/2 pound of sausage, either Italian sweet or chicken sausage, cut into chunks
- 8 baby Yukon Gold potatoes, washed and cut in half
- 2 ears of corn, shucked and cut into four pieces each
- 1 medium onion, halved
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 heaping teaspoon of Chicken flavored Better Than Bullion, or 1 chicken bullion cube
- A handful of fresh chopped parsley
Turn on your grill or preheat your oven to 450 degrees F. Prepare your foil packet by cutting two pieces of foil, approximately 18 inches long. Lay the foil crosswise, one piece on top of the other. Place the shrimp in a bowl and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of Old Bay seasoning. Toss to make sure the shrimp is well covered. Set aside.
Melt the butter, lemon juice, and Better Than Bullion together in a small bowl, stirring to mix well. Cut the onion into eight chunks. Place the onion, corn, potatoes and sausage in the center of the foil. Pour the butter mixture over them. Sprinkle with the other teaspoon of Old Bay seasoning. Using your hands, toss the mixture to be sure the butter mixture and Old Bay seasoning are well distributed. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley. Seal one piece of the foil into a packet. Seal the other piece of foil over the first one. You don't want any of the yummy ingredients to leak out.
Cook the packet on your grill or in your oven for 20 minutes. There is no need to turn the packet. Insert a knife into the potatoes to be sure they are cooked before serving. Serve hot.