Makes One Cocktail
To Make Four Cocktails
1. Prepare the simple syrup by mixing equal parts water and granulated sugar. Heat gently and stir until all of the sugar has dissolved. Cool and chill until needed.
2. Sugar the rim of your martini glass and set aside.
3. Prepare your lemon garnish for the cocktail, either a lemon twist or a lemon wheel.
4. Chill the martini glass with ice and water.
5. Measure the vodka, Triple Sec, lemon juice and simple syrup into your shaker with ice.
6. Shake enthusiastically, until the outside of the shaker is frosty.
7. Discard the water from the glass. Pour the cocktail into the glass. Garnish. Serve with a colorful cocktail napkin.