Mechanical Project

Artist Statement:

The subject of this painting is a sardine can with mechanical elements incorporated into it. The material I used was acrylic paint. I chose to create this specific painting because I wanted to use a social issue of either mercury in fish or oceanic pollution into fish. The elements of art that I used were line and texture. The principles of design that I used were contrast and pattern. The composition rule/technique that I used was informal balance. This painting relates to my life because I like to draw/paint animals in relation to social issues. My project evolved because I experimented with different texturing techniques to make the fish look fairly realistic. I went over and repainted many areas more than once so that I could get it to look the way I wanted. If I could go back and change anything I would add more details to make the message more clear.