While it may not be thanksgiving time this recipe is delicious! Especially for my family when we have a thanksgiving type meal for Easter. A healthy and freaking delicious cranberry sauce that blows the canned stuff away. This recipe comes from the Beachbody website.
- ½ cup 100% orange juice
- ½ cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 tsp. finely chopped orange peel
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- 1 (12 oz) bag fresh cranberries, rinsed
- 1 cup chopped raw pecans
- ½ cup raisins
- ⅔ cup canned crushed pineapples, packed in juice
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- Bring orange juice, apple juice, orange peel, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger to a boil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add cranberries. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, uncovered, for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add pecans, raisins, and pineapple; cook for 2 minutes, or until heated through. Remove from heat.
- Add maple syrup; mix well.
- Cool before serving.