Dealing with Setbacks
How to Deal with Setbacks
Listen to How to Deal with Setbacks Here->->->
Setbacks are problems, whether little or big, that can stop you in your tracks and keep you from reaching a goal. This episode will detail some tips and tricks to help you to get back on your feet when a setback has pushed you down.
Steps to getting back up
- Be understanding: Accept that setbacks are going to happen, these can make you who you are. Shift your mindset and look for the positives in life rather than every setback that could happen.
- Remember your “why”: Remember why you were going after the goal, it can help lift you back up from the setback that pushed you down.
- Reflect on the setback: After you’ve gotten back up from the setback, try to remain objective and look back at it. Try to find out how the setback happened and how to prevent it from happening again.
- Look at your plan: Look at the plan that you originally made to reach your goal, and see if it needs to be adjusted. Sometimes after reflecting on the setback you may need to fix your plan to prevent that kind of setback from happening again.
- Keep going!!: After you’ve adjusted you plan, keep following it! Remember why you wanted to reach your goal and keep going after it!
Reflecting on the setback is perhaps the most important part of this process. It helps you to learn and grow as a person, and it can help inspire other people as well. If other people see how you get back up after a setback, it can inspire them to do the same if they are going through a setback. Telling family and friends can also help you. You can talk to them and lean on them when you’re going through your setbacks, and they can help you to keep moving forward. Lastly, always remember that you are strong, and you are worth it. Keep going after your goals, and chasing your passions to the max!!